Ubuntu Food (founded by Imke Potgieter) is a fire cooking collective, based in Bristol, specialising in curating unique experiences around food and fire.
Spend the day slowing down and having fun in our woodland kitchen as you learn how to cook a communal feast over fire in the heart of Campwell woods or Campwell farm. Ubuntu Food fire cooking workshops are designed to develop participants’ practical skills and confidence, as well as inspiring you to get out in nature and deepen your connections through food and fire.
Throughout the workshop you will be taught a variety of fire cooking methods whilst exploring techniques from fire cooking regions around the world. Taste produce sourced directly from local farms, growers and other independent artisans who we love to use for our own feasts and pop ups.
TYPICAL WORKSHOP CONTENT
* Welcome to the fire: fire fundamentals, essential kit, assessing your environment
* Build the base fire: demo and practical session to get fire kit pumping
* Communal feasting: introduction to seasonal ingredients and how to structure a feast,
recipes distributed amongst group
* Communal prep session & taster snack from the fire
* Communal cooking / live demonstrations depending on confidence/ ability levels over fire
* Feasting around long table as group
ABILITY LEVEL, ALLERGEN AND DIETARY CAUTIONS
* Ubuntu Food workshop caters to an open level of experience, all we ask is that you have an
interest in learning how to cook over fire.
* Due to the outdoor and physical nature of the workshop, please be prepared for all weather
conditions. This is a hands-on workshop with a focus on active participation.
* If you have any questions regarding allergen and dietary please do get in touch prior to
booking so that we can adapt our menu offering to suit your needs.